- Africa Gets First Underwater Hotel[Pictured
- Lord Chosen’s Church Vehichle kills five in Lagos
- ‘Dont Arrest Motorists again’ – Fashola warns LASTMA after bribery scandal
- Top Smartphones Nigerians Are Crazy About
- President Goodluck Jonathan is 56 years old today.
- How We Rigged Anambra Poll – Arrested INEC Officer Confesses
- New Aviation Fees: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike
- Nigerian Navy To Build, Export War Ships To African Countries – CNS
- Kwankwaso, Wamakko Clinch ‘Best Governor’ Award In London
- PHOTOS: Late Sani Abacha’s Son Mahmud Abacha Weds
Nigeria won’t disintegrate over national conference –Jonathan
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday inaugurated a 13-member National Dialogue Advisory Committee with the re-assurance that the outcome of the assignment would not lead to the disintegration of the country.
In an address at the ceremony held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Jonathan said the conference would not negotiate the unity of the nation.
He said the outcome would further strengthen national unity and address inequalities and injustices, among others.
He said, “For me, there is no alternative to inclusivity, equity and justice in a modern democratic state. I will therefore like to allay the fears of those who think the conference will call the integrity of Nigeria into question.
“This national discourse will strengthen our union and address issues that are often on the front burner, and are too frequently ignored.”